Most Extraordinary Truck Launch
The region’s most extraordinary truck launch
The new Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs trucks launched in the Middle East and Africa in magnificent style
- Mercedes-Benz is taking the legacy of premium heavy-duty trucks in the Middle East and Africa into the future
- Spectacular regional launch and VIP Event with stunning light and laser show off the coast of Dubai
- The all-new Actros: the reliable and efficient truck for long-distance and distribution haulage
- The all-new Arocs: the reliable and robust truck for Construction & Off-Road applications
- Mercedes-Benz Actros & Arocs coming with efficient in-line 6-cylinder engines, new aerodynamic cabs and latest generation Mercedes PowerShift 3 automated transmission as standard
- Wide portfolio of region-specific variants available, combinable with Service Contracts and Extended Warranty Packages
- Extreme endurance testing of trucks with more than 6 Mio kilometers in the region prior to market launch
- Stefan Buchner, Head of Mercedes-Benz Trucks: “Our Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs have proved that they can be relied on – as our customers do day in, day out, in many markets around the world. A truck has to help a customer do the best job possible. That is as true in the Middle East and Africa as anywhere else. We are now taking our latest Actros and Arocs models to those markets, with the aim of leveraging the momentum experienced across those regions.”
The regional launch of the new generation of heavy-duty trucks – the new Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs – was celebrated in an evening of extraordinary style in the sea, just off the Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Beach Residences on 7th March, followed by a day of driving experience and engaging workshops. The event shone a spotlight on the efficiency, reliability, sophistication and design defining the latest evolution of Mercedes-Benz Trucks launched in the Middle East and Africa.
Attended by more than 300 VIP customers and media from the Middle East and Africa, and hosted by Daimler’s Commercial Vehicles Regional Offices MENA and Africa based in Dubai, the dramatic reveal of the new models included a stunning off-shore light and laser show display in proximity to Dubai’s new iconic Ain Dubai Eye Ferris wheel.
Earlier in the day, media enjoyed an exclusive launch preview of the new models, exploring the trucks’ capabilities on Dubai’s Autodrome Racetrack – and off-road at a Desert Camp – and gaining additional insight from senior members of the Mercedes-Benz Trucks global team.
Commenting on the launch, Stefan Buchner, Head of Mercedes-Benz Trucks globally said: “Our Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs have proved that they can be relied on – as our customers do day in, day out, in many markets around the world. A truck has to help a customer do the best job possible. And that is as true in the Middle East and Africa as anywhere. We are now taking our latest Actros and Arocs models to the markets there, with the aim of leveraging the momentum being experienced across these regions.”
New versions specifically developed for overseas markets
The all-new Actros and Arocs offer a further enhanced level of reliability, efficiency and robustness to the Mercedes-Benz Truck offering. Assembled at the world’s largest truck plant in Woerth, Germany, the trucks come in specifically developed variants for the Middle East and Africa – designed and built to withstand the harshest operating conditions.
Tested extensively around the world, on both surfaced roads and in the most challenging terrain, these vehicles are a perfect platform for heavy-duty applications. Testing included a total of more than 6 million kilometres of endurance runs performed by the Mercedes-Benz Trucks Testing Center based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Distinctive new cabs boast high material quality and perfect ergonomics, while operation is easy and comfortable. Both Actros and Arocs impress with their highly sophisticated and reliable single source drive train. New resilient, powerful and efficient engines are available in Euro III, IV and V emission norms, offering a wide range of power outputs from 240 kW (326 hp) up to 460 kW (625 hp). Combined with the latest generation of the Mercedes PowerShift 3 automated gearbox equipped as standard, the Actros and Arocs achieve highest levels of fuel-efficiency, contributing to the profitability of the fleet operators.
The all-new Actros is made for long-distance haulage as well as heavy-duty distribution haulage. It is available with up to 22 different cab variants and comes in steel or air-suspended versions. For tough operations, the Actros is available with a heavy-duty 15.6l engine and the 16-speed Mercedes PowerShift 3 automated gearbox.
The impressive new Arocs is there for when exceptional robustness is required – be it on construction sites or away from surfaced roads. The extremely resilient Arocs can work under the toughest off-road conditions, far from any highway. The Arocs is available as Chassis-, Mixer-, Tipper- and all-wheel-drive variants – from 4×2 to 8×8 configurations with Gross Combination Weights (GCW) of up to 250 tons.
As a highlight, the new Actros and Arocs set a new benchmark when it comes to safety and assistance systems, supporting the driver and saving lives.
The most impressive safety feature is the optional available Active Brake Assist 4: this radar-based emergency braking system initiates maximum full-stop braking ahead of moving and stationary obstacles if necessary and can therefore save lives. It also warns the driver of any potential collision with pedestrians, triggering partial braking at the same time. The new Mercedes-Benz Actros and Arocs models are available at Authorized General Distributors and Dealers across the Middle East and Africa from as of now.